Democrat File Photos
Assistant Coach Bill Hendrickson discusses a play call with with quarterback Collin Tallman. Coach Fred Ahart said Hendrickson and his fellow assistant Tom Rose played a huge role in Roscoe’s success this season
December 3, 2013
Coach: Fred Ahart
Record: 5-4, 2-1 league (lost in Section IX Class D championship game).
Season's highlights: “The players from three schools representing three communities coming together as a team in the first year of the three-school program to have a highly successful season...The win over Eldred to advance to the championship game, and of course, the outstanding effort against Chester in the title game...The leadership of seniors David Clark, Austin Decker, Bradley Dreher, Brian Eskridge, Liam Fogarty, Joseph Schwartz, Robert Taurino and Ryan Wood...The coaching staff which also included assistant coaches Bill Hendrickson and Tom Rose worked as a team to develop the team to its highest potential...Of particular note was freshman fl/db Nickolas Hill who suffered a season-ending broken arm against Onteora but continued to provide the support and inspiration that greatly contributed to the success of the team.”
Top players: Although the team performance is the most important, there were some individual accomplishments worth noting:
• Brad Dreher rushed 112 times for 672 yards with 8 touchdowns and 1 conversion giving him 1,020 career rushing yards. He also passed for 197 yards with 2 touchdowns and caught 8 passes for 169 yards and 2 touchdowns giving him 1,038 yards of total offense. He averaged 8.7 tackles per game as a linebacker.
• Running back/linebacker Liam fogarty missed two-and-a-half games and parts of others due to injury, but still rushed for 203 yards with 3 touchdowns and 1 conversion, caught 4 passes for 88 yards, and registered 6.2 tackles per game. When he was on the sidelines due to injury, his leadership was an inspiration to the team and his return to competition sparked the team.
• End Rob Taurino was the team's leading receiver catching 14 passes for 364 yards and four touchdowns including 89 and 45-yard receptions vs. Pine Plains. He was also outstanding at defensive back and was 7-7 on extra point attempts.
• Junior quarterback Collin Tallman completed 26 passes for 482 yards and 5 touchdowns. He also scored 5 touchdowns (4 rushing, 1 fumble return for 27 yards vs. Pine Plains). In addition, he recorded 6.3 tackles per game as a defensive end and linebacker including a season- high 15 tackles in the Pine Plains game.
• Defensive end Joseph Schwartz recorded a safety against Onteora giving him a safety in two consecutive years.
• Junior running back Dylan Murphy rushed for 267 yards and 1 touchdown and caught 3 passes for 37 yards.
• Running back Brian Eskridge rushed for 175 yards and 2 touchdowns and caught 5 passes for 76 yards and one touchdown.
• Sophomore defensive back Kyle Hendrickson returned an interception 35 yards for a touchdown vs. Onteora.
• Sophomore Joseph Gales was 11-18 on extra point kicks and kicked 2 field goals (27 yards vs. Eldred and 37 yards vs. Onteora).
Coach’s comment: “I would like to congratulate and thank all of those who contributed to the success of the program including the players and their families, the assistant coaches, and all of those associated with the Roscoe, Downsville, and Livingston Manor schools and communities.”
Looking ahead: “We will greatly miss the seniors who have contributed so much to the building of the program! However, we look forward to next season with great anticipation due to the many promising returning players that we have along with the modified players that will be moving up and any potential new players that we may have.”